The Dresden Farmers Market provides quality, locally grown produce and food products to the community.
Located at the Terry Oliver Plaza on 421 Linden Street, the Dresden Farmers Market first opened on Saturday June 28th, 2014. During season, you can find your favorite local foods available on Saturdays from 8am - 12pm and Thursdays from 2pm - 6pm!
We are a seasonal market that opens in the spring and continues into the fall season.
Eligible vendors, are now accepting SNAP tokens! Payment forms currently accepted are cash, local checks, credit/debit with some vendors, and SNAP tokens with eligible vendors, after an EBT card transcation at the information booth.
We will host our 2017 Season Opener on Saturday, April 29th!
Our produce availability varies depending on the growing seasons, but we strive to provide the best selection of the areas freshest agricultural products to the community.
Top Ten Reasons to Buy Local:
1. Locally grown food looks and tastes better!
2. Local food is more nutritious!
3. Local food provides genetic diversity!
4. Local food supports local farmers and families!
5. Local food builds the community!
6. Local food keeps taxes in check!
7. Local food helps preserve current land!
8. Local food is much safer than store bought products!
9. Local food supports environmental conservation!
10. Locally grown food is an investment in the future!
Below is a downloadable version of the Weakley County Local Food Guide.